246 West San Antonio Street
This is the oldest running hardware business in Texas. Louis Henne, Jr. founded his business in 1857, which he expanded with the construction of this building in 1893. The two-story building, constructed by local contractor Christian Herry, includes a full basement with a 46-foot deep well. Original wooden floors, pressed tin ceilings, and decorative custom-made fixtures enhance the interior and compliment the ornate Victorian-style exterior. The metal cornice was purchased from the Mesker Brothers Iron Works of St. Louis. The front façade was remodeled in 1910 and paid for by Winchester Arms.