290 West San Antonio Street
The BRAUNTEX Theatre first opened in downtown New Braunfels in January 1942. Pearl Harbor had just been bombed, and the United States was at war. Harold Ward was a manager of the theatre during the 1950s. Other old-time employees included Chris Mosley, also a manager, and Florie Bush. There were other theatres in operation in New Braunfels at the time, but once the state-of-the-art BRAUNTEX opened, it was the best. A major fire in one of the other downtown theatres, the Palace, either just before or just after the BRAUNTEX opened, made the new theatre an even more welcome addition to the city. Now the Brauntex Performing Arts Theatre.