265 West San Antonio Street
Brothers Louis and Otto Seekatz constructed the Seekatz Opera House in the early 1900s. Home to much more than opera, the theater played host to a wide variety of traveling entertainment, quickly making Seekatz Opera House the center of entertainment and social activity. It would remain the premier event, meeting, and production center in New Braunfels until it was tragically destroyed by fire on January 21, 1941. Over the years, the Seekatz would be rebuilt and utilized for many commercial purposes. It was not until 2004 that Seekatz Opera House underwent its first full renovation since the 1941 fire. Now an event center.